The Church is an attractive stone built Victorian building, the foundation stone of which was laid in September 1873. The first services were held on 30 August 1874.
With pitched slated roofs, large windows, some with stained glass, and a steeple visible from many miles around, the building provides a friendly and comfortable place of Worship. A suite of three halls are situated to the rear, the most recent of which was built in 1981. A single bell in the steeple signals the start of Worship on Sunday mornings.
The church organ was built in 1874 by Connacher & Company and was substantially overhauled in 1999.
The Communion Roll of Lenzie Old Parish currently stands at 460 members, some 150 – 200 of whom attend the morning service on Sundays.
There is a single morning service at 11.00am and no evening service other than on Communion Sundays.
Services & Worship
Holy Communion is celebrated on the last Sunday of January, April and October at 11.00am and 6.30pm.
Holy Communion is also celebrated during Holy Week as part of local joint services and an informal Communion is held on Easter Day at 9.30am.
Harvest Thanksgiving, Children’s Gift Service, Nine Lessons and Carols, Watchnight Service, informal Family Christmas Day Service, Church Parades and Sunday School promotional services are all part of the normal annual pattern of worship.